Buying a car is a dream come true. Hundreds and thousands of people are there who think to buy a car, but their budget does not permit. Do you belong to the same category? Is your budget restricting you to get a car?
Don’t worry! There is a way out to buy your car. Yes, you can invest in second-hand car aka used car. If you observe keenly, then you come to discover a massive market second hand or used car nowadays. According to research, the number of used car purchase is higher than the new car purchase. Surprised!
Important Things to Investigate Before to Buy Used Car
Thus, if you have prepared yourself to purchase a used car, then before to purchase you should put a glance at the points why you can invest in second hand/used cars. Let us have a look.
1. Inspect the Car By a Licensed Mechanic: It is good to inspect the car you think to purchase by a licensed mechanic. The mechanic can state the exact condition of the car, and you can address the issue to the owner before to acquire. In such a case, the owner will fix the problem if a problem arises any. It will save your pocket, and you will be assured to buy a used car in a working condition without any technical difficulties.
2. Scan the Insurance Papers: Before to purchase a used grand i10 in bangalore, you need to get confirmed whether the car owner has all the insurance papers or not. If he has no insurance coverage, then you should avoid the car deal. But if he has, then you need to check the insurance paper thoroughly.
The insurance documents will state you whether the car had met an accident earlier and the car owner made a claim related to the crash. To check the accident claim, you need to note the NCB (no claim bonus) status. If you find high no claim bonus status, then you can certainly go for the deal.
3. Check & Match Engine Number: Before to purchase the second-hand car, you need to match the engine number with the number registered in the registration paper. In this way, you will be ensured to buy a used car which is authentic by law.
4. Check Condition of the Second-Hand Car: Yes, it is essential to check the present condition of the car you are going to purchase. It will be good if the car owner makes possible changes in car filter before to sell. The performance of the car depends on its filtrations (oil, fuel, air, and transmission).
If the owner of the car used to go for regular oiling as well as cleaning (filtering) of the car, then you can certainly go for the car deal. Regular oiling, smog testing, cleaning, and car maintenance ensure better life and performance of the car. It is good to go for such quick judgment before to invest in a used car.
If the owner agrees to send his car for regular maintenance before selling it to you, then you are a lucky one. The more its previous owner maintained a used car, the more you can enjoy a happy ride from your used car dealer.
5. Go for a Test Drive: When you are going to purchase a second-hand car/used car, it is the best idea to go for a test drive. It will help you judge whether you should go for the deal or not. If you know how to drive a car, then you can do it yourself. If you cannot drive, then hire a reliable driver to drive the car to check the condition of the car.
- Drive the car in a traffic free area at 40 to 50 kmph.
- Check whether the car provides any vibration or strange noise while driving.
- Check whether the car brake pedal offers any squealing sound or not.
- Check whether the brake pulsates or not.
If you find any of the problems mentioned above, then you need to ask the owner for rotor replacement.
6. Examine Car Tires’ Condition: Condition of the tire of a car is one of the critical things to consider. There are certain things to check of the car tires,
- Make sure the car tires are evenly worn
- Match the tires before to final deal
- Check the surface of the tires to confirm the feathering or alignment.
You can hire an expert to check the surface of the tires if you do not know how to examine the condition of tyres.
7. Check Hood Condition: Before to finalize the deal examine the state of the hood. If the car has undergone any damage, then the hood will tell you the story.
All these are the primary level of examination that you need to undergo before to buy a used car. There are more things to confirm including legal formalities before to final the car deal.
Though, the primary level of scrutiny tells you whether you should go for the deal or evade it. So, do it thoroughly, and you can take an expert’s opinion before making the purchase.